John Parduba started making custom mouthpieces in 1915. He opened his original shop at 3rd Ave & 87th Street, New York City in 1918 where he fabricated trumpets and cornets of premium quality in addition to his mouthpiece and repair work.

 

The Double-Cup in 1935

In the early 30's Parduba moved to his new shop at 140 W 49th Street, where in 1935 he introduced the remarkable new design in mouthpiece for brass instruments. This was the world famous "Double-Cup" which was unknown and not too popular until 1938 when Harry James discovered it while playing with the Benny Goodman Band across the street from Parduba's place at the Plymouth Hotel. As a result, the Parduba Double-Cup became and overnight success throughout the country with trumpet players in many top bands.

Because of the success of his mouthpieces, Parduba discontinued making trumpets and cornets and doing repair work and specialized in making mouthpieces only. Today, by all standards, the Parduba Mouthpiece is still one of the best and most popular.